DIY Pressed leaf display
How to make a DIY pressed leaf display ? You want to add some greenery in your home ? Unfortunately, you don’t have time to take care of your plants ? Why not put them into a pressed display to make them last all year long !
Today, we would like to share with our first DIY, inspired by a beautiful one found on the blog The Merry Thought (you will find the link at the end of the post). The idea is to make a modern version of the pressed display in which you could press dried flowers or nice leaves like us.
To make your DIY pressed leaf display, you will need the supplies listed below.
Picture frame glass
The DIY pressed lead display step by step
Now that you have everything you need, let’s start to create your DIY pressed leaf display !
1. Measure the size of your picture frame glass.
2. Mark out the measurements onto your piece of wood.
3. Cut your piece of wood using your table saw.
4. Put all your pieces together and mark out the base of your display on a plywood sheet.
5. Cut it with your table saw.
6. Sand all your wooden pieces.
7. Glue the two wooden pieces on your plywood base.
8. Place a leaf between the two glasses.
Now it’s done, just slide your pressed leaf into place. You can choose the leaf of your choice. For example, you can press a nice fern leaf between your glasses or some dried flowers, like the original DIY found on the blog The Merry Thought !