DIY Project : The curtain tassel tieback
How to make a curtain tassel tieback ? Every morning, the rising with the sun make you a little bit more tired. You’re looking for an idea to integrate curtains in your bedroom that won’t overwhelm your space ? And most of all, you are looking for the tieback that will match perfectly with your curtain and room decoration. Quite a challenge, isn’t it ? So why not doing your own ? The DIY project we want to share with you today will be perfect for you !
In the book ‘Craft The Rainbow’ by Brittany Watson Jepsen, we found our inspiration to do an amazing DIY curtain tassel tieback. Fun and colorful, this DIY is really quick and simple to make. All you need are some colorful paper, wooden beads, a ribbon and some paint.
Video DIY : The curtain tassel tieback
First, we have made for you this video to help you make your own DIY curtain tassel tieback. Check it out and for additionnal explanations, you will find the step by step project below.
The DIY curtain tassel tieback step by step
Now, let’s have a look at every step of this DIY project.
To make your DIY curtain tassel tieback, you will need the supplies listed below.
1. Colored paper
3. Round wooden dowel
4. Glue gun
7. Hand drill
8. Wooden beads
10. Hand saw
Step by step
You have everything you need ? Let’s make this beautiful DIY curtain tassel tieback !
1. Cut your colored paper into two 15 inches tall and create fringe by cutting with your scissors.
2. Glue one end of your ribbon to the unfringed edge of your colored paper.
3. Roll your paper tightly beginning at the edge with the glued ribbon.
4. Wrap and glue a small ribbon of paper on top of your tassel.
5. Cut one piece of your round wooden dowel with your saw.
6. Sand down your piece of wood.
7. Drill your piece of wood.
8. Paint it with the color of your choice.
9. Draw a pattern with some black paint.
10. Thread your wooden beads onto the ribbon and repeat steps 1 to 9 t create the other tassel.
‘Craft the Rainbow’ by Brittany Watson Jepsen
This beautiful DIY curtain tassel tieback has been found in the book ‘Craft the Rainbow’ by Brittany Watson Jepsen. She is the founder of the blog The House That Lars Built, that we love so much.
The story of this book is quite original and has begun on Instagram with the hashtag #CrafttheRainbow that went viral really quickly.
With each turn of a page, you will discover some of the most original and colorful DIY project ideas. All you need to make this one is a large ream of colored paper.
Oversize magnolia, Dala horse pinata, pape disk bracelet, handmade terrazzo paper,… you will fall in love with basically each and every projects.
See you soon guys for our new DIY project !