DIY Project : The pink faux neon sign
How to create a faux neon sign ? Neon signs are so trendy and cool. They are a great way to make a real statement in your interior design but they can also be pricey ! Today we would like to share with your our new DIY tutorial : The pink faux neon sign !
So let’s do it yourself, t’s super easy to do ! And for less than 10$ you can create your own neon sign and hang it on your wall. What is great with a faux neon sign it always looks great. Even when the light is off. Your neon light will bring a sense of fun and personality to any room in an instant, so ready to create your own ?
Video DIY : The pink faux neon sign
First, we have created for you this tutorial video to help you make your own faux neon sign. Check it out and if you need additional explanations, the step by step project below is here to help !
The pink faux neon sign
Now, let’s have a look at every step of this DIY faux neon pink sign.
To make your DIY pink faux neon sign, you will need the following supplies.
1. White foam sheet
2. Printed quote or lettering
3. Thick artistic metallic wire (around 0.5mm)
4. Thin artistic metallic wire (around 0.2mm)
5. Pink neon plastic tube
The diameter of the wire you will select depends on the diameter of the plastic tube you choose. The thick metallic wire will be inserted inside the tube and used to form the letter. Therefore it needs to be a bit rigid but still easy to bend. The thinner wire will be used to create a emboss effect to your neon sign.
Step by step
You have all your supplies ready ? Let’s go and make your own DIY The pink faux neon sign.
1. Print your quote (at the correct scale) and get your supplies ready.
2. Insert the wire inside the neon tube leaving 1cm of wire at each end of the tube (work word by word).
3. Start forming your letters, bending the wire along printed letters to design the perfect shape.
4. Cut small pieces of the thin wire (around 4cm long to create an embossed effect once fixed to the board).
5. Tie the wires at several places at the back of the letter (to create a kind of stand for the letter). Fix as many as necessary to support your letter. Then, make sure all wire pieces are even.
6. Fix the words to the foam board by pining all the wire pieces into it (more or less 1cm deep). Make sure it is firmly fixed to the board but not too deep. You need to keep an embossed effect.
Great message ideas for your DIY neon
Neon signs are just so cool. With their retro look, they are a perfect stylish addition to most interiors. Now that you know how to create your own DIY faux neon sign, it’s time to think about your message or quote. We are sharing a few ideas of short text found on the web below !
Inspiring message ideas for your neon sign
Neon signs are a great way to share what you believe in and a few words only can be enough. Find below some great text inspirations for your neon sign message.
Be Real / Love is this way / Do what you love / Good vibes only / Be kind / It was all a dream / C’est la vie / Kiss me / Life love laugh / Breath / Glow / Trust yourself / Trust your intuition / This is me / Take it easy / I want it all / La Vie en Rose / Fall in love with your eyes closed / Good day today.
Funny message ideas for your neon sign
Hang on your wall a funny neon quote or message that will make you smile everyday. Cool ideas for you below !
But first, coffee / Let’s get nude / Screw it, let’s do it / Don’t ask why / Give me the tacos / GRL PWR / Love made me do it / You Me Yes / Oh La La / Bang Bang / Stay weird / Later gator / Weirdos only / Hakuna Matata / Badass / Hell Yeah !
Thanks guys for following us and stay tuned for a new DIY project !