DIY pom pom and felt Christmas wreath
How to make a pom pom and felt wreath for Christmas ? We love Christmas, and what we love even more is creating our own Christmas decoration and ornaments ! Creation possibilities are endless and today we would like to share with you our new DIY project : The pom pom and felt Christmas wreath !
We had in mind a colorful yet simple wreath with autumnal hues for Christmas. We are quite happy with the result, perfect to add a personal touch to your interior decor during the festivities. You can, of course, adapt the color palette to your own home decor ! This DIY Christmas wreath is quite minimalist, so to get a harmonious result, we advise you to limit your choice to three colors of yarns maximum.
Video DIY : The pom pom and felt Christmas wreath
Please watch this video tutorial created especially for you this video to help you make your own DIY pom pom and felt Christmas wreath. Check it out and if you need additional explanations, have a look to the step by step project below !
The pom pom and felt Christmas wreath step by step
Now, let’s have a look at every step of the DIY wreath project.
To make your DIY pom pom and felt flowers Christmas wreath, you will need the following supplies.
1. Embroidery hoop
2. Some felt from any color of your choosing
3. Small pine cones
4. Cardboard disk (to make Pom Pom)
5. Yarn of different colors and textures
7. Glue gun
Step by step
You have all your supplies ready ? Let’s go and make this beautiful and stylish DIY om pom wreath !
1. Wrap your yarn all over your cardboard.
2. Slide your scissors in between the two cardboard circle layers and cut the yarn wrapped around the top (hold tightly so you don’t loose yarn).
3. Slide a piece of yarn and tie tightly.
4. Give the pom pom a little haircut to make it fluffy.
5. Take your circle of felt and cut it into a spiral.
6. Roll it, starting from the inside and glue the bottom.
7. Tie your Pom Pom (tightly) to the hoop.
6. Glue the felt flowers and the pine cones on the hoop.
Some few tips on how to make pom poms
There are so many wonderful crafts and DIY projects you can do with pom poms ! But you may have forgotten how to do them. Don’t worry the video tutorial explains it clearly. And we thought we would also share some of our little tricks with you below !
Tip 1 : When you wrap the yarn above the cardboard, don’t wrap it too tightly or it will then be difficult to slide your scissors in !
Tip 2 : When you wrap your yarn all over your cardboard the more layers of yarn you do, the more dense and fluffy your pom pom will get.
3 : When you tie your pom pom in the middle, do it as tightly as you can ! If it’s too loose your pom pom might lose some yarn over the time.
Tip 4 : You can easily create a bicolor pom pom by mixing different yarns together. You can also try yarn of different thickness and textures !
Thanks, guys for following us and stay tuned for a new DIY project !