The Scandi wooden key rack holder
How to create a DIY Scandinavian wooden key rack ? We love wooden home decor accessories, especially when they help us to be organized ! Today we would like to share with your our new DIY tutorial : The DIY Scandi wooden key rack !
We love the very minimalist and Scandinavian look of this key rack. It’s such a stylish way to hang your keys in your hallway or office room. And the board is perfect to clip anything you want ! From a calendar to a artwork or a picture,… So let’s do it yourself, it’s super easy to do and very cheap !
Video DIY : The DIY Scandi wooden key rack
First, we have created for you this tutorial video to help you make your own Scandi wooden key rack with beads. We love its Scandi look ! Check it out and if you need additional explanations, the step by step project below is also here to help !
The DIY Scandi wooden key rack
Now, let’s have a look at every step of this DIY Scandi wooden key holder and rack.
To make your Scandinavian key rack with beads holders, you will need the following supplies.
1. Wooden board (like balsa or pinewood)
2. Wooden tassel
3. Wooden beads (different sizes)
4. Leather strings
5. Calendar printable (can be downloaded for free here)
6. Sanding paper
8. Electric or hand saw
10. Small nails
We created this Scandinavian wooden key rack to hold your keys with style in your hallway ! Hope you like it ! But it can also be used your office room to hang USB keys ! The calendar is helpful to get organized but you can clip anything you want, like artwork or a family picture !
As always, if you have them, you can always use electric tools, it usually saves some time !
Step by step
You have all your supplies ready ? Let’s go and make your own DIY wooden key rack.
1. Mark the dimensions of the wooden tassel. It should be the same width than the board.
2. Saw the tassel where you marked it.
3. Then, with a ruler and a pencil mark where you gonna saw the key chain slots. Evenly space the 3 slots across the front of the holder.
4. Saw the 3 key chain slots. Use a hand saw or an electric one !
5. Sand the rack.
6. Fix the rack to the board with small nails. To help you, place a shim below the board.
7. Create your beads and leather key holders. Thread the key, then the bead and do a knot at the top.
8. Finally, clip your calendar on the board. You can also clip an artwork or a picture !
Because entry or hallway is usually a small space, a wall mounted key rack is the best solution ! It will save some floor space and provide storage solution. If you too need to organize your home’s key situation and are looking for a stylish way to do it, check out our modern Scandi key holder solution . No more crazy key searching !
Important notice : Our DIY wooden key holder has been created for decorative and organization purpose only and is NOT designed and suitable for young children. Be aware that the small beads can be shocking hazards !
Thanks guys for following us and stay tuned for a new DIY project !